• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

FOR SALE CVA Hawken .50 1" barrel

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If that 50 cal. Barrel is 1" across the flats that is a Rare Barrel. They only made those so the stock could interchange with the 12 gauge Hawken shotgun Barrel. I've only seen one other 1" 50cal. Barrel, and I own it with the 12ga Barrel. As for the stock , CVA didn't use walnut.
Good luck!
Incorrect. Cva did in fact use walnut on their early hawken rifles.
1000009944.jpg

Frontier's and I have a history of mutual admiration, so to speak. So, I agree with his original post here. The OP's pictures screamed "Walnut !", and not the European beech or whatever they use in Spain. His further documentation sealed the deal. He knows these rifles.
Very pretty rifle, and most likely a reliable hunter.
Nothing wrong with the "select hardwood" they use now. I have two of them. But walnut is prettier and harder as well. And, in spite of where it may have been made, walnut whispers "America".
Very fair deal. SW

Back