• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

cva hawken pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

breech

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Hi fellers,I am trieing to find a cva hawken pistol in 45 cal.I need it to be the old one made in usa with the silver furniture.Does anybody know where a guy could find one,thanks.

Hi thanks,Ive been triying to get that person to return my emails for two weeks but havent gotten a responce,thanks.

Hi thanks,Ive been triying to get that person to return my emails for two weeks but havent gotten a responce,thanks.
:imo:That would be a MAJOR red flag , not to mention the person will only take certified checks or money orders . BE CAREFUL ! :results:

Hi fellers,I am trieing to find a cva hawken pistol in 45 cal.I need it to be the old one made in usa with the silver furniture.Does anybody know where a guy could find one,thanks.

Are you wanting the CVA "Hawken" or the CVA "Mountain" Pistol?
I don't remember a CVA Hawken with "silver" furniture, are you sure that in wasn't pewter or "german silver" maybe?

Good Luck on your search!
WV_Hillbilly

Yes my mistake,german silver and pewter.I just bought an old cva hawken rifle.Its made in usa and has browned barrel,furrels and buttplate.The rest of the furniture is german silver and pewter.Its in 45 cal and is the most accurate rifle I[url] have.In[/url] montana your allowed to carry a backup pistol while hunting as long as your not in a restricted area as long as it is a single shot.

Last edited by a moderator:
The pistol your looking for is advertised in the Dixie Catalog. The only problem is the catalog was published in 1980.

Says it about the pistol:
"CVA MOUNTAIN PISTOL. A companion piece for the Connecticut Valley Arms Mountain Rifle. Styled to match the mountain man's mode of dress and to fill the need for a good quality belt pistol. Available in .50 caliber, 9" octagon barrel, pewter nose cap, Geramn Silver wedge plates, steel thinble, steel belt hook, steel trigger guard and hooked breech system. The front sight consists of a steel base dovetailed into the top barrel flat and features a German silver blade. The rear sight is of the fixed "primitive" type. Shipping wt. 5 pounds.
PP210 .50 caliber MOUNTAIN PPISTOL...$89.95"

Right above this ad is the American made "CVA MOUNTAIN RIFLE...$185.00"

I think your only chanch of getting one is to find a used one for sale somewhere.

Yes my mistake,german silver and pewter.I just bought an old cva hawken rifle.Its made in usa and has browned barrel,furrels and buttplate.The rest of the furniture is german silver and pewter.Its in 45 cal and is the most accurate rifle I[url] have.In[/url] montana your allowed to carry a backup pistol while hunting as long as your not in a restricted area as long as it is a single shot.

You can get a virtually identical copy of that CVA Mountain Pistol. I have one in kit form, sitting on the basement shelf waiting for this winter to come.

Just give Deer Creek Products a call at 1-765-525-6181 and ask for the "American" percussion pistol KIT in .45 caliber. Price is around $125 for the KIT. (Sorry, but Deer Creek does NOT have a website.) They don't sell them as finished pistols. From my old CVA catalog compared to the D.C. "American" pistol it is a "dead ringer twin".

Deer Creek has ALWAYS been very helpful to me and I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again. I can't say the same for a lot of other muzzleloading suppliers.

Shoot Safely!
WV_Hillbilly

Last edited by a moderator:
Back