• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CVA mountain rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Real fine!
Those were before pics. Here’s one I just took after applying the AF. I need a few coats of oil over it now.
IMG_4398.jpeg

The CVA Mt. Rifle I recently assembled was missing the percussion drum screw; a local old time Hdwe. Store, True Value, has those little pull out trays of nuts-n-bolts; they had stainless, short, 10-32 thread screws that fit it. AND , they were SLOTTED, not the modern Phillips. !!;)

The CVA Mt. Rifle I recently assembled was missing the percussion drum screw; a local old time Hdwe. Store, True Value, has those little pull out trays of nuts-n-bolts; they had stainless, short, 10-32 thread screws that fit it. AND , they were SLOTTED, not the modern Phillips. !!;)
Thanks to my dad that was born in a different era I have thousands of machine screws and wood screws both steel and brass(some brass with silver plating) that are from the 50's and 60's with slots in them. I have several life times of them. I do occasionally make things using them.

Back