• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CVA Squirell Rifle ??????

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tx50cal

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I am building a percussion rifle. This rifle has a drum and bolster setup. My question is can I unscrew the drum and thread in a vent liner and change it to a flintlock rifle? I was looking at it and it seems pretty if this is safe and possible. Thanks for the help.
Rob

You need to be carefull trying to take the bolster out. the breech plug , bolster and barrel are made not to come apart, from what i have found all three pieces seem to be shrink fitted together best advice ,see agood gunsmith to make sure.

Rob,
The more difficult part is perfectly matching the new flintlock pan in the stock against the old barrel in the stock. You might find yourself doing more work than it's worth than just getting a different barrel. I've tried this myself and after taking almost too much wood out of my stock, I stopped myself and went back to the percussion.
mrbortlein

Latest posts

Back