• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Dagger

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamesG

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Forged this one couple days before xmas , Etched some wrought irom for a and cap.Then I found a crack in the handle so i went throw my stash and some with some nasty smelling elk.cut and sanded,Then found some walnut I thought until I was sanding the woood it turned yellow.So I think is osage wood. Cold blued gaurd.

Picture2554.jpg

Picture2558.jpg

Picture2557.jpg

Ps.Sucky pics because I was happy how it turned out. I take some better pics.

That's a mean looking piece of machinery. I have very little knowledge about old knives but it looks like it would fit right in with some I have seen in museums.

Dadgummit James,

Why do you have to make such awesome works of art when I'm broke? :(

Beautiful knife James. What are the specs on it BTW?
Just when I was thinking about having you make a dagger for me a couple months back, you come up with one prettier than I had wanted. Good thing I waited.
Guess I'm gonna have to start saving my pennies again.
Great job!!! :thumbsup: :hatsoff:

Thanks all for the nice words.

Blade length. 10 5/8. in
Overall legnht. 15 1/2. in
Blade wide 1 3/4 .in
handle 4 5/8 .in

Thanks for making such a nice dagger and sharing with us. As always you do great work! Now a qwartshun. "How did you get your osage such a nice color? Here is a skinner I did with osage and it looks yeller!
023-1.jpg
[/img]

The piece I had was already oxidize when i got it,The pieces was cut in a scale type piece i cut the wood then and sanded the wood and used steel wool on the last sanding .Then used tru-oil thank for the nice words.

I have never been that big on daggers but, you just changed my mind, mighty good lookin work! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Back