• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

DIY Defarbing and Refinishing

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't, but have a fine Enfield de-farb he did for BLOCKADE RUNNER in the early 2000's. I'm sure someone will come up with something, did you simply google him yet? His work got an excellent review in the book, Civil War muskets, a guide to authenticity, pub. about 2011 or so. I now see that kh54 filled you in w/ an e-mail. I love this site!

I left the original serial numbers on the revolvers that I posted about and any others that I’ve similarly “defarbed.” (In quotes because I’ve not added any period correct markings.) Todd Watts removes the serial numbers from conspicuous locations and engraves them on the underside of the barrels. To me, that seems sufficient evidence for future owners. Only the least discerning and careless individual would mistake these for originals and I don’t feel like I need to try and fix stupid in any generation - to put it bluntly.
Such fakes used to be common around the Centennial but people, now with the Internet, have become increasingly suspicious! In fact, when Navy Arms started offering replica revolvers about 1959 or so, the high-level antique gun collecting community was vehemently against offering such copies! How the world has changed!

Back