• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Damasteel

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Neat site, the last modern made damascus rifle barrel I saw sold for well over $1000. If that is what you are prepared to spend than I think it would make a really neat project.

It's not going to be cheap. The average cost of twist pattern flat bar damascus from any respectable bladesmith is going to be around $15 an inch for something like 1 1/2 by 1/4. The Damasteel does look interesting as they use 4140, which is a pretty standard gun steel. Most knifemakers use carbon steels like 1084, 1095, O1, L6 and 15N20 that are capable of getting much harder than 4140, which is a good thing for knives, but not good for guns!!! :shake:

Ed Rayl will make you a barrel of it, as I have one he made of Damasteel. Have not put it in a rifle yet. Mine is a .62 cal swamped barrel 36" long.
:confused: My guessimate is it's gonna cost you bout $ 1300. + for a barrel now I think, course depending on dia. & length to, the longer the more it cost.

You could call him & he can price one up to date for you.

:thumbsup:

Back