• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Daughter's Verner... Finished

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slowpoke

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Finally finished the rifle. It's a 32 caliber Verner inspired rifle with a 42 inch Rayl barrel, Stan Hollenbaugh lock, and Davis triggers. It's not perfect and it's got some mistakes, but I'm overall happy with how it turned out. The barrel isn't finished doing it's thing, but I got tired of waiting for it. Hope the little troublemaker likes it...

IMG_0462Medium.jpg

IMG_0464Medium.jpg

IMG_0470Medium.jpg

IMG_0466Medium.jpg

IMG_0475Medium.jpg

IMG_0478Medium.jpg

IMG_0054Medium.jpg

WOW, that's a cute little kid.....the gun ain't bad either. :winking:
Excellent job, if there are mistakes, I sure didn't see them. i'll bet you have mega hours in that little beauty. :applause:
So, what's next on the bench?

Nice job, Slowpoke. That's a beautiful gun. Good luck with that little troublemaker, she's a real cutie

Looks like a family heirloom is in the making!! beautiful gun for a beautiful girl..lucky to have such a talented Dad!!

You guys that can do quality work like that simply amaze me! :shocked2: Makes me feel like Paul Bunyon hackin away at a redwood log with a broadaxe ... when compared to your work and skill! :cursing:

Beautomous daughter, and the rifle aint bad neether! :hatsoff: Well done!

Davy

very well done :bow: ....ya have a hand in it alright :hatsoff: ....she is a cutie..............bob

Want to adopt a much older kid who promises not to be too much trouble if you build me a rifle like that? LOL! Cute daughter and wonderful job on the rifle.
Bryan

A great looking rifle, sure she will love it. And of course while she is growing up, her pa should have it well broken in and sighted for tree rat hunting. :v

:bow: That's one fine looking rifle there Slow Poke. Everyone is talking about your skills (and they are great) I'd say you must have a lot of patience as well. When it comes to working with wood most of us are lucky if we can split firewood! :hatsoff:
Soggy

Hi Chuck

Is that the best you can do? :confused:

Or will the next one make me feel even more inferior than I already do :rotf:

best regards

Squire Robin

Squire Robin said:
Hi Chuck

Or will the next one make me feel even more inferior than I already do :rotf:

best regards

Squire Robin

Me too! I feel much better since I gave up hope!
:hmm:

Davy

Squire Robin said:
Hi Chuck

yeah... I just glad it's over. If the wife decides to have another baby. I'll just buy him/her a pony and be done with it.

You did a great job on the rifle. :thumbsup:
Was wondering about the wire inlay, did you use ribbon wire or round wire. I was wanting to do a little of that with my rifle and I liked how yours turned out.
:hatsoff:

I say "mistakes" because it's a close copy of the original, the carving on the wrist is [strike]better[/strike] different, double set trigger, locks wrong, and rust brown barrel.... nothing major. :rotf:

The wire was ribbon and cut in half. The wood was very soft so it had to be glued.

Back