• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Davy Crockett Days

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasontn

40 Cal.
Reaction score
just wondering if any of yall have been to this event here in tennessee? it is in august and is a 3 day event from what i can find on thier website. i have been invited to attend it as a trade blanket vendor. havent got home early enuough to call the president who invited me to see what im to do as far as period dress and such. it says on thier website that pre 1840 rules are enforced and im wondering what if any experience you guys have had with this particular event.
thanks jason

Until I was abducted to North KY DCD was one of my must attend events. Most TN events are historic sites and strictly jurried and DCD was a pre-1840 event where we got to use stuff we normally could not at the historic sites.

This is an old fasioned buckskinning rondy. There will be one pole tents and tee-pees, folks with dead animals on their heads and fringed buckskins and some of the best blanket trading you will find. (You will also find trekees and rangers in the woods pretending there is no one else there)

You will also have access to the park facilities including hot showers and the swimming pool at night. The park resterant is right across the street from the camp and Rick Pennington is always there with the Begger and Boar and no one cooks and no one wants too. (it's usually around 100 degrees in the shade 2nd week in August on the Al/TN border)

Lots of public! If you don't like to deal with flatlanders stay home. This event has around 10,000 visitors and you are camped along the road in a drive-by zoo situation.(Mommy, look at all the funny looking people!)

Did I mention that it is hot as blazes in southern TN on the second weekend in August?

I've participated in it a few times. They always have good events...woodswalk, knife and hawk, skillet toss for the ladies, and kids games. They used to be fairly lenient about historical accuracy as far as clothing and accessories, but I always tried to remain fairly close. And yes, it gets rather warm up there in August.

All told, I always enjoyed it.

thanks guys kind of what i was hoping to hear. i dont have a lot of period dress stuff just some shirts at the moment. i try to keep the things i make as near as i can. it was humbling to have been invited, because of a pouch i recently did, and id like to attend. im just going back to work after a layoff and cant afford to dress all out just yet so maybe i can make it with what i have. thanks again guys.
jason

Would it be possible for you to provide a link to their website? I'm having problems finding it.

I PMed you, but look here:
[url] http://www.coon-n-crockett.org/linklist.htm[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back