• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Dec.19, 2009

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, I didn't build the gun. Tim Brown built it for me in 2001. It has a 42", 50cal. Colerain "B" weight barrel with round bottom grooves. The lock is an L&R that has had extensive tinkering done to it and seems to be a very good lock now. My hair is starting to grow back now, from the stress of it. These pictures are "pre-digital", so I really need to get better pictures taken. I hope you can see it all right.

I hunt on our farm ground. There are 3 woods plus the tillable acreage there. One of the borders to our farm is the Great Maimi River. There is allot of tradition on that river and we do find a fair amount of Indian artifacts. Our ground is pretty flat, but it is in an area where it is starting to roll. The terrain is deceptive in that there are small valleys that I use to get around with, without being skylined. Sixteen yrs. ago, before my father in-law died, he contracted to have the fence rows removed. I did some quick math and then offered to lease all ground that was a fence row. He said, "you mean it means that much to you"? Yes, I said it does. It benefits the whole farm for wind and water erosion and all the wildlife, if the fences stay. He says they can stay then. I wish I would have spoke up sooner I could have saved two other fence rows. My brother in-law was a distict Soil and Water Conservation officer in Ohio, before he took the same job in Indiana. He gave me all the "tools" I needed to win my case.

50calBeckflint004.jpg

50calBeckflint009.jpg

50calBeckflint012.jpg

Nice going Dave, beautiful buck and picture, the rifle is really great too. Congrats from one Buckeye to another. I filled a doe tag 1st day of gun season and missed another good doe with pistol later that week. I am looking forward to ML season and late archery season to fill that other tag!

Joe

Back