• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Decision time

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have one of those chair blinds too. I think it is more for a photographer. I only use it with a handgun as you cannot move much and any length rifle barrel is too long in my opinion. I would sell one of those unmentionables and get a ground blind with some room in it to use any length rifle.

Little John Z said:
Hmmm I say take the one you feel is lucky that day.. Superstition is the key to all my hunting success. Not really but sometimes I just feel I need to use a certain gun and sit in a certain spot and it usually pays off, go with the gut feeling.

I don't believe in being superstitious; it's bad, bad luck. :grin:

I would loose that small ground blind. I use a 8ft x 52 inch piece of camo cloth to help conceal me along with added natural material on hand.
As they say.."If you build it, they will come."
Taking my T.C. BIG BOAR 58 CAL hunting this year. Should be enough to harvest a deer.
Good luck
Vearl

I have decided to use the .54 Lyman trade rifle. Its shorter length will not be an issue in the blind. Further, I took it shooting and managed to shoot dead center into a ragged hole at 50 yards, after reducing the powder charge from 80 to 70 gr. of T7 FFFG and filing the front sight slightly. It used to shoot low and to spread shots left to right with the previous load. Not any more!

Back