• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Dedicated shooting bag/box

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a box for each percussion / flint / and pistol. Seems as if I have to many specialized pieces for each type to fit in one. Also my boxxes are also great loading stands to lean my rifle up to when loading.
Having a speacial possibles bag does sound attractive though. I may look into that as well...

In my one bag, I have the following:

1) A small ball-bag, probably 100 balls at most. Enough for a day shooting.
2) A flint wallet
3) A small tin box with the jags for my ramrod. This box is lined with buckskin to avoid clanking while hunting.

4) a roll of pillow-ticking strip
5) a small tin filled with bore butter
6) small cloth bag filled with pre-cut cleaning patches. Hundreds and hundreds.
7) adjustable powder measure
8) shortstarter slipped into a sleeve on the side of the bag
9) vent/nipple pick, pan brush and patch knife attached to the strap.
10) buncha tools on a ring (screwdriver, brush, pick, knapping hammer)

Most everything was handmade. I change 1-3 for the weapon I'm taking out, replacing the ball-bag for a shot-snake when necessary.

One bag does it all.

Have one decent-size range box for rifles with 1 lb. powder, ear protection, Ballistol, and tools, flints, caps, shooting and cleaning patches, etc., etc. for rifles. Another box is for shotgun.

Am working on putting together two new bags; one for .36 flinter and one for .54 flinter. This is in keeping with the philosophy so often expressen here that a bag for each rifle is needed (and in keeping with K.I.S.S. formula). It also gave me an excuse to have David Esau make me a new bag for the .36 :winking:

Plan to start "shooting out of the bag" at the range, and for hunting.

First photo is my rifle bag & horn; second photo is my smoothbore bag & horn:
Hunting%20Pouches%20001.jpg
Hunting%20Pouches%20006.jpg

They sure are! Thanks for the pics, and the others that show the contents. Mighty fine work there.

Latest posts

Back