• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Deer Behavior

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't worry about it. You may have to change your hunting strategy and find out where they are feeding. I've seen this happen more than once. The mast crop is suppose to be heavy this fall. If so then they will probably stay in one spot as long as the food lasts and then move on to another. This means their trails will located in different areas. When the rut starts to peak, well, Katy bar the door!

Well Sunday I went over to where I hunt to check, and much more deer sign, plus my daughter and I kicked up a nice 6-point and his "harem" of does. The chilly air we've had for about a month is making them more active. No coyote sign at all, but still wondering. Next week should be be better than the early season.

LD

Howdy!

I-we have hunted several spots for over 4 years each, and have learned that the "for sure" spots can change with little warning. Deer population and activity cycles with a lot of variables such as mentioned above. Weather being something to greatly consider as well. Not just the current temps, but what is has been doing the entire summer and leading up to the season. Sounds like you are now seeing something closer to what is the norm there. Congrats.

I was going to mention the coyote'o's (as my young daughter used to call them). They can knock down the population for a while, or scare off what is coming in to visit.

I say stick with it.

Happy hunting! :wink: :)

Back