• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

deer heart

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like to boil the heart for about 45 minutes, chill and then slice super thin and serve chilled with a dipping sauce of mayonnaise, sour cream, sugar, hot sauce and worcestire.

Slice bout a 1/4 inch thick......salt and pepper......butter in a hot pan. Sear each side 45 second or so. Enjoy! Its gonna be bleedin still......but not pumpin!

Thanks for the recipes, I ended up slicing it up cooking it in a pan with garlic salt, butter, cayenne pepper, onion then made me sandwich of it. Son it was good. I would be interested in the amounts of the ingredients of that dip ihuntsnook if you don't mind.

Deer heart is the best piece of meat on the whole deer.
I just slice it and cook, sometimes with onions, sometimes not.
I cook slow until it is almost cooked. If you show a little bit of pink you have done a perfect job. Deer heart is a muscle. Just like tenderloin or any other choice cut. When you slice it on your plate for a bite, look at the grain on the meat. What you have is the finest grain steak on the whole deer. When you put it in your mouth and slowly chew and savor the flavor you will have appreciated the very best that a deer has to offer. Warm home made bread or biscuits with butter, might be the only thing that would make it better.

PJC
Pat Cameron

now i wish i kept the heart from my last deer... lesson learned.

-matt

Shoot fire, I think I'm going to put a plastic freezer bag in my pouch. That sounds pretty darn tasty. Now, does anybody ever eat the liver?

Jeff

A few years ago I was out with some other guys, we were all dressed primitive. I got a small doe. As I was dressing it out, one of the other guys built a fire using flint and steel. We sliced the heart into small slices and roasted the slices over the fire out in the woods. Heart never tasted so good. :hatsoff:

Fresh liver is a darn good meal too. Same thing don't cook it to leather I like mine a little pink Inside fried with onion and bacon

Latest posts

Back