• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Deer License Cost

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hobbles,
Looks like heaven....That dish is a bit
out of place...but then we wouldn't want to miss
the history channel would we :rotf:
snake-eyes :hatsoff:

In Alabama a resident hunting/fishing combo is 24.50. Add in the 16.00 WMA fee ( if you desire) and the total is 40.50. For this I get to start bow hunting on Oct 15, gun hunting begins Nov 20 and the whole shebang goes out Jan 30. Between the Oct 15 bow season and the end of deer season the last day of Jan, I can take two deer per day. Only one of them can be antlered. I can use a bow for all the days or I can use a rifle or shotgun or a muzzleloader for all the gun season. There is a week long primitive season on the WMA's too. The license covers all game animals including Turkeys. ( Still have to buy a duck stamp if I want to hunt ducks though) No closed season on hogs, crows, coytes and other varmints. No closed season on fishing either. No tags of any kind, no check stations. All in all, not too bad I think.

Snake eyes
From the DOW web site, it says with the proper license and permits we can take up to 7 deer. I'm sure that probably includes all the urban permits also.
I need to add only one antlered deer may be taken

Regards, Dave

Combination (Small game + Fishing) $49
Then all the other fees
http://www.sdgfp.info/Wildlife/LicenseFee.htm

Tinker2

out in Idaho
Combination Hunting/Fishing $ 33.50
Sportsman Package
The Sportsman's Package (RESIDENTS ONLY) includes all rights and privileges associated with a Resident Adult Combination License plus tags for deer, elk, bear, mountain lion, turkey, salmon and steelhead. Archery and muzzleloader are validated on the license. $ 117.25

Resident Tag Fees
Idaho Residency Requirements
Elk $ 30.75
Deer $ 19.75
White-tail Deer $ 19.75
Bear $ 11.50
General Turkey Tag $ 19.75
Extra Turkey Tag $ 12.25
Mountain Lion $ 11.50
Antelope $ 31.25

Now the best deal is definatly the Sportsman package if your able to harvest them all. It also gives you an excuse to spend more time in the woods :)

In Connecticut, our license system is, IMHO, expensive.

First, you'll need a firearms hunting license. You can either buy:
  • Combined Firearms Hunting and Fishing- $28
  • Firearms Hunting - $14

For state or private land, a muzzle loader deer tag costs an additional $14.

$28-$42 total

In NC, the limit is 6 deer for most of the state. A Resident Sportsman's License (includes hunting, fishing, big game tags, and gameland use) runs $40/year. Starting in January we'll have an additional $15 for saltwater fishing license, and of course the Federal Waterfowl stamp is extra. So we are talking less than $7/deer. I didn't realize I had it so good.
bramble

MP,
You may be right if the hunters in Ct. far,
far outway the number of deer. What is your deer
harvest per year. In Ohio it runs fairly close
to 200.000 a year between bow,shotgun(slug), and
muzzleloading. Our hunting licence with deer
permit is $43, and I consider it a bargainIMHO
snake-eyes :hmm:

If I hunt on my own land, which I usually do, cost is $0.00 for me and the wife. I also usually by one any deer permit that's good statewide and it was $17.00. I believe the combination hunting/fishing permit, which I also buy, is $19.00 but isn't required for deer or turkey season.

Depending on where and how much one wants to hunt there are lots of tags available over the counter.

Vic

Mississippi Sportsman’s License is 32.00 (Includes Fall Turkey Permit, Archery/Primitive Weapon - does not include General Crossbow, WMA User Permit or Saltwater Fishing) You get three bucks and three does plus two more does if you bow hunt.

Nord
Here in Minnesota $26.00 for the firearm season, which you can chose to hunt centerfire or muzzlerloader. No smokeless powder ML's allowed during the ML season. New law this year. The DNR here likes the money too. If I would like to hunt both rifle and ML it would cost $79.00. If I want to Bow hunt and hunt either ML or Rifle I can buy them license seperately. Now for the &79.00 you automaticly get all three seasons to hunt. I use to Bow hunt but not any more. But thinking of starting again.

One of the very few advantages to getting old is the senior discount. My one-buck license costs $6 in Michigan. graybeard

Deer+Bear+Cougar=$50.37 In Wa. You are only allowed one deer, one bear(two in certain part of state) And 2 cougars(yeah, right, no hounds allowed, and most hunters never even see a cougar in their lifetime :bull: ) You can enter for a second deer, for a $5 raffle ticket, with a 10% chance of winning. Great deal huh?! We're getting ripped off. There's too many does anyway, sometimes you see 50 does in a field with 3 or 4 bucks; good for the bucks but not so good for the farmer.

Is there generally a relation between doe and buck? For example shooting 5 does allows you to shoot one buck?

How are the costs for foreign hunters for example in PA or the Carolinas?

Freund Kirrmeister,

You and Mein Freund Undertaker....pull up Florida's hunting regulations on the web and take a look :grin:. I think a 10 day out of state license is around $40-$50, and a season's license is about $140 or so! And take a look at how many deer you can kill!

The state is divided into three seperate regions, South, Central,Panhandle and the season starts out sometimes in late October,I think, in the Southern Region, and ends about the first of March in the Panhandle Region. Some five months long,if you factor in muzzleloader only season :shocked2: .

I live exactly on the dividing line between the Central and Panhandle Regions,own land in both Regions,and since I'm older'n Dirt I don't need a license...I hunt and fish FREE! And since Georgia and Florida have an agreement that older'n dirt fellas like ME can hunt free in EITHER state, and being as I live only 2 1/2 miles from the Georgia state line,and own land in Georgia, guess what :rotf: :rotf:

Forster my dear friend,

thanks for the good information. so I will have a look at the web site of the state of Florida. I think there will be problems to bring along the rifles. It would be better to know someone there and lend a rifle.

If you get to Fla and dont have a rifle I will loan you one, although there are probably others that would be closer to you than I, Florida is a pretty long state. It takes me about four hours of steady driving to get to Jacksonville, for example. Good smoke, Ron in FL

ND resident deer license fees

Gun: $20 (lottery on bucks)
Mule Deer Gun: $20 (lottery only)
Bow: $20
ML: $20 (lottery only)
Extra doe tags: $20 apiece

See a problem here? They want to get rid of deer, so you need to shoot does, but their $20 apiece and not over the counter.

Sometimes I wonder about my states G$F department.

$15 per tag in MI w/ $10 private land doe tag: $40

I bought a lifetime license for TN before I moved away and I still hunt there every year, but it cost me $1200. Good news is I'll never have to buy another license there as long as I live. Bad news is I live 10 hours away and need to kill alot more deer before I've paid for the license.

Back