• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Did a Lap In My Hunting Spot.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Finally got the Pedersoli double barrel 12 gauge out hunting today. It carried really nice. I wasn’t expecting great success, since I went out on a wild hair and only had a couple hours before sunset and have had far more success in the morning . I did kind of naively think that somehow the grandfathers would send the quail in front of my gun since I was using the muzzleloader. Not so, didn’t see one quail. I did learn a little though. I had my first misfire. I was “unloading” the gun the easy way and the left barrel cap was the only thing that went off. Second cap sent it home. Also my possibles bag snagged on my earplugs and sunglasses cord. Super annoying. I didn’t wear my camo in the spirit of connecting with the old guys. I can’t wait until my dog is able to hunt. I think the misfire was due to oil blocking the nipple hole. I was trying to protect the breach a little better last time I cleaned it, but I believe it pooled in the nipple. If I continue to do that when cleaning, I’ll pop a couple caps before loading.
DCCA54AB-280F-43C4-BBB8-7E0AE3C9D601.jpeg

Back