• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Differences in A&H Breech Hooks

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just received my 1:66" A&H Mountain Rifle barrel in the mail today and was surprised to find it doesn't quite go into place in my rifle when I swap this new barrel for my 1:28" barrel (not to mention having a damaged rear sight). I've attached photos but it would appear that the breech hooks are ever so slightly off, so I am unable to insert my barrel wedge key into the stock due to around 1/8" of the eyelet on the new barrel hanging into the wood inlet in my stock (in other words the eyelet on the barrel is just a bit too far forward for the wedge to fit through). In removing the barrels to compare, it would appear the new barrel (on the right), has its hook mounted just a bit lower than the breech hook on the original barrel. Is there a way I can remedy this via using a thinner stand-in key or somehow modify the breech plug? Thank you.

1727203413621.png
1727203438688.png

Back