• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Dikar .45 Pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Encore 308

Pilgrim
Reaction score
I recently found a Dikar .45 blackpowder percussion pistol with 6 inch barrel at a pawn shop. Doesn't look like it was ever fired. Question: what type powder shall I use, and what size lead ball? Would I go with .44 and then add the .01 for the patch to make it .45?

Also, I did a Google search of Dikar, and can hardly find anything about it.

Any information about the gun would be appreciated.

Pete

For powder either 3f black powder or Pyrodex P will work. As for rd balls, use a .440 or .445 rd ball, and a .015-.018 patch should work ok.

I would keep the load on the light side. About 18 to 25 grains will give you all the power you will need for plinking or target shooting. :)

Thanks for the help sizing the lead, and also for the recommended amount of powder. I didn't even think to ask about the powder quantity.

In trying to do a Google search on the Dikar, one of the items it came up with was "Dikar (CVA)". Is Dikar related to CVA?

I got the pistol for $35, and a TC Hawken for $75, so I thought I couldn't do wrong by going traditional. Now to enjoy the smoking poles.

Thanks again for your help. :)

Pete

well, if you got 'em for that price. especially the T/C Hawken, and they are in decent shape, then you got a heck of a good deal on them. Not sure what the connection is between CVA and Dikar, although i seem to recall they are related. I think yu will enjoy both of them a lot.

Back