• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Dirty faux trade gun.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Finally cleaned this Pedersoli trade gun after months of foul in the bore alas protected with my bore grease.
However before cleaning it's function was tested and found lacking nothing.

B.

Perfectly fine, the same condition as before.
It has not been fired for over two months since its last shots, just swabbed out with my grease and fired using oiled wadding.

My conclusions are that natural oils do hold salts in suspension enough to protect the bore, pretty much the same way the old black powder cartridge rifle bullets coated the bore with bullet lubricant.
As long as the gun can be kept dry, or dried it will be fine.

B.

Im glad that works for you :hatsoff: As for this ole fat redneck mine will get cleaned after after shooting once or 25 times. Always have always will.

Back