• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Dixie Catalog; Needs Some Editing!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Love the Dixie Catalog, and have been getting it each year since the mid-1960's! But some of the small items commented on haven't been updated since the Civil War Centennial! (This is all in good fun; I love the publication!) A mention relative to the Confederate Spiller & Burr revolver states that an original is worth about $1500 to $2500 dollars! Imagine buying a real CSA revolver for that nowadays! I do understand that it's a huge publication and they simply can't keep up every detail; in fact, no company in this modern era can offer such a thing in actual paper; it's all internet now. Long live Dixie and their catalog! :thumb: And, it's only Eight Bucks! Send for one if you haven't.

Best $8 I spend each year. Pass last year's on to someone else. Some years, I left it at the barber shop. R.I.P. Turner Kirkland.
Yes! The old-time "tips" in the back are priceless. I wish I'd saved them all; the 1960's ones are bringing high asking prices on line. One can only imagine what ol' Turner had in the trunk of his car! BTW, Dixie has a full-auto license, too, but it's very low key and not mentioned in the BP catalog.

The catalog must be a non-profit thing b/c it stayed at five bucks for decades. As an eclectic first-time resource, it's excellent. I keep one handy as a fast "go-to" for some basic questions "because I'm old and computer challenged".
One regret is not buying a cohorn mortar when I was there 50 years ago..

Back