• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Dixie Pietta Wyatt Earp Revolver

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Before you get a buttstock does your gun have the 4th screw you need for attaching the buttstock? After looking at pictures of the buttstock on Dixies website I see you don't need the 4th screw. I should have looked first, sorry for the misinformation. :(

Last edited:
Thanks Wizzard, I noticed that also, but if they can't keep them in stock I guess others do also. You know that you have to show pictures or do a video of you shooting it and then again when you get the stock.

Now to find a holster for this hog leg:ghostly:
A short holster would be acceptable. Most guys who owned long barrel pistols carried them in a belt or in a regular holster with the bottoms open. You could very easily have a holster made. That can run you anything from a couple hundred bucks to, well......sky's the limit!
I just finished this slim Jim for my cousin's 1860
31927.jpeg

A short holster would be acceptable. Most guys who owned long barrel pistols carried them in a belt or in a regular holster with the bottoms open. You could very easily have a holster made. That can run you anything from a couple hundred bucks to, well......sky's the limit!
I just finished this slim Jim for my cousin's 1860View attachment 125404
Capnball, now that s a fine holster!! :thumb: :thumb:

Capnball, now that s a fine holster!! :thumb: :thumb:
Believe it or not, it's my first holster. I've been diving into leatherworking about a year now and I've made a bunch of stuff. The holster was alot of fun. As always, I know I'd do a few things differently if I were to do it again.
Neil

Back