• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Dixie Pietta Wyatt Earp Revolver

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats a nice holster capnball !
I have a .44 buntline SAA that I used to make a (Tombstone) Wyatt Earp replica that I may make a holster for. I've seen a couple on line that were being sold as Wyatt Earp holsters.
KIMG0702.JPG

KIMG0703.JPG

Very nice ! I like the badge on the grip
When you make a holster for it, just make 2 and send me one....lol
The badge on the grip I got from a Hollywood replica place on line. That's a stage gun, cannot fire nor even load those cartridges in the photo. It uses some type of stage load. The round badge came from Tombstone AZ. There's a store with literally hundreds of badges for sale. I asked the guy what badge Wyatt Earp actually wore. The guy told me, nobody really knows but this was a commercially available badge design that alot of surrounding towns used. Anyway, it had plastic Colt grips, I made the walnut grips.

"That's a stage gun, cannot fire nor even load those cartridges in the photo. It uses some type of stage load. "

Probably the 5-in-1 blank, which is based on a necked down .45Colt -- -- but I didn't say that because that it is an "unmentionable" ;-)

WRT the comment that "Most guys who owned long barrel pistols carried them in a belt or in a regular holster with the bottoms open. " --- How do you KNOW that? Are there contemporary references? If so, please advise -- - thanks
Or --- as with many things associated with the "Cowboy syndrome" do people believe what Hollywood showed?

Believe it or not, it's my first holster. I've been diving into leatherworking about a year now and I've made a bunch of stuff. The holster was alot of fun. As always, I know I'd do a few things differently if I were to do it again.
Neil
I've done some leather work and I think your holster is very, very nice, good job! :thumb:

Back