• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

dixie tenn mountain rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve hill

36 Cal.
Reaction score
can anyone tell me about the quality of this gun
and what it would be worth in good shape

I once had one of the old models with 7/8" .50 barrel and liked it alot. They switched to 15/16" barrels and that makes a muzzle heavy gun. I also had one of their .32 squirrel rifles which they also no longer make and it was a good shooter. I don't think their flintlocks are the best but it is one of the few available for lefties.
As to value, I can only say that Dixie lists them new at $675 or in kit form at $575. They were make in Japan by Miroku which makes fine O/U shotguns.

I had a 32 percsion and it was great, I bought it new about 15y ago from Dixie. Couple things about the gun.... they have shallow rifling so you have to use a thin patch and a close to bore size ball. Also, the triggers aren't the greatest in the world for target work but they get the job done. A rifle in good shape should fetch around $250-$300. Oh... and a little barrel heavy.

On the plus side, I shot mine so much that I wore the barrel out and had to replace it. I put a 32 caliber Goodoien barrel and L&R double set triggers. Awesome rifle.... I ended up giving it to my brother who wouldn't take $1K for it.

SP

I've had one in each caliber and both were good, servicible rifles. A little clubby for the style they claim to be but certainly adequate for hunting purposes. My first flintlock deer was with the 50. I suspect the $200-$300 range would be correct.

Vic

Back