• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Dixon Photos

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john s mosby

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Anyone need a few horns?
172335680.jpg

This is an original full stock Hawkin.
172335675.jpg

These barrel making guys must have been really hot, it was over 90 today and humid.
172335688.jpg

I'll take one of each.
172335694.jpg

Nice rifles.
172335900.jpg

I wouldn't mind having this sitting in my front yard.
172335911.jpg

Aaahh!! I really wanted to be able to make it! I know it's going on again tomorrow, but I think family obligations will prohibit me from going. Get some more pics if ya can! :thumbsup:

Ah, John,
That is the cannon that makes the most noise! And the most often. Did you get to see the matchlock pistol on the judging table? I didn't even think to take a pic of it. In a way, taking a pic of an object makes it your own in a small way. Can you see the logic in that?
volatpluvia

John,
How do you keep from slobbering all over
the place :rotf: :rotf: . Great pictures! Did
you happen to pick anything up.
Thanks for sharing...
snake-eyes :hatsoff:

Volatpluvia

I saw the matchlock pistol, neat, I had never seen one in person.

Snake eyes

I only picked up a few small things, 3 antler tip powder measures, a leather covered glass canteen, a loading block with starter built in for my 54 cal, and the neatest little bore light you ever saw, it fits in the bore of my 40 cal with room to spare. And only cost $15 with two extra batteries.

A buddy of mine built one of those pistols.... the one with the antler in the handle... hope he does well.

Hey Slowpoke, I had a dream come true at Dixon's. I got to see the Butterfly gun close up and beautiful. Larry also had his deer gun and squirrel gun there. WOW. I had to stop and look at them several times. I am glad you told me about Larry sometime back. Thanks
Z

Yeah, he's a terrific builder and a great friend. I was just over there last night. :) Sorry I wasn't able to attend this year, I'll catch up with you next year.

My buddy Joe built that pistol, he got 3rd place
:( Oh well....

John,
I think I have the bore lite you speak of....It's like a bullet you drop down the
barrell after a slight twist to turn on the lite. Mine works great on .45 to .54 cals. I don't go to a gun show without it. Of course there is always that area below the light....But you will know a lot about it just by looking at the rest of the barrel IMO
snake-eyes :hatsoff:

This one only measures .252 in dia if you take the little pocket clip off. It fits down the barrel of my 40 cal with room to spare. The only down side it that it's so bright.

It's made by Coast Products, PO Box 5821, Portland, OR 97228. It's called "LED Lenser", Optoelectronics. I was told they have a web site but I didn't check.
176132952.jpg

Back