• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Do you display your flintlock or other guns in your home

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Screenshot_20240821-190535~2.png

One of mine, currently this Dart brand full stock .45 caliber percussion gun hangs above the fireplace in our living room, along with a powder horn. (EMPTY horn and unloaded gun). We only use the fireplace on special occasions and I take the gun down when it's in use.
It is a very good shooting gun. I've been told that Dart was the importer probably in the 1970s.
The barrel is marked Dart .45 CAL.

I keep my competition pistol out when I am here because i shoot every day but lock it up when I go to work. hawken is always on the wall. It shoots ok but I don't compete with it.

All of mine are in the gun safe because of travelling a lot. I live rural and don’t want to come home to find my toys missing. Many years ago my dad said leave my single .410 out that I acquired for 12 dollars when I was 12 years old after a summer of work in a tobacco patch and hide the rest of my guns. I told him all the rest of my guns were worth less than that .410 to me. I am near 70 now and that is still my most prized posession, except now my wife claims it. Oh well!

Ditto. I did display mine for a few years but when we moved i didn’t put them up. It would be nice but I feel it's putting them at risk for theft.

I don't, and never have, had guests or friends to my home that concerned me but people converse and others overhear...... so.
The biggest threat is people talking about your guns out of your earshot with others you don’t know.

"lots of cameras and booby traps now."
Have a care with the booby traps. I have heard of civil suits and even criminal charges when an intruder is harmed or killed by a booby trap. And heaven forfend some innocent wander into one!
It is illegal to set "traps" for intruders' , period.There have been may court cases that ended with the homeowner in jail. it is what it is

This is the only gun that I display with one original.,one new and my grandfathers horn made when he was young. It is a Belgian trade gun in the form of Charleville. It is 20 ga with a thick walled tube barrel I used to re enact the Coburn Militia during the celebration of Arnolds March to Quebec.
It has fired blank charges but I never fired ball even though it has Belgian proof marks.
LBL

Attachments

• tempImage8BGrrg.png
    tempImage8BGrrg.png
    12.8 MB · Views: 0
As of recently, I do. As I sit in my living room right now, I can see four. I'm 75 and started wondering why I don't enjoy them every day I have left. Should have done it years ago. I know chance of theft is enhanced many times over by leaving them out of the safe. In my case, I have no one interested in guns to leave them to. I do take precautions though. Secure them if I leave overnight and close the curtains after dark, plus I placed them high and out of reach. A bit risky still. When my eyes rest on any particular one, it "talks" to me, reminding me of previous adventures in the wildwood or at the range. How about you?
I hang a 2 rifles and i just picked up a pistol that might join them it just looks like it should be there

Year 'round...all the time. Walk in my front door and you will see them hanging above my fireplace. They add charm and warmth to the room and the entire house.
I’m coming up right behind you. I taint gonna hold my soot belchers hostage in the safe because I’m paralyzed that they’ll get snitched. Doors are locked at all times and if nobody is home, they will be locked back up. Maybe not everyone’s comfort zone, but I’m going to bask in my rifles that bring joy to my eye!

I’m coming up right behind you. I taint gonna hold my soot belchers hostage in the safe because I’m paralyzed that they’ll get snitched. Doors are locked at all times and if nobody is home, they will be locked back up. Maybe not everyone’s comfort zone, but I’m going to bask in my rifles that bring joy to my eye!
Nobody wants or enjoys my old guns but me anyways.

Latest posts

Back