• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Do you think that modern ML firearms have any investment value?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not selling anymore so I buy now knowing that in many cases it will be up in price later and it will be harder to afford. OTOH, some stuff goes with the political climate or with the market saturation. Early 2000s a black rifle cost a lot. Now they can’t give them away. However Ruger revolvers used to be inexpensive. Now they aren’t. Same with Marlins.

As to BP replica revolvers, I remember even a few years ago, they were priced a lot less than today. I still want them. I think they will continue to climb in value.

Guns are a lousy investment. But really nice guns are actually free. If you blow a few thousand dollars on a gun you get to use it for a few years, then sell it and get back the money that you have into it. Maybe even make a few dollars. At least as long as you don't wreck it. The money is tied up for a while. It is not gone. When you hear about some rich guy spending $20 million on a painting, he is not actually spending anything. He is just sticking his money up on the wall.

If they are a production gun, doubtful they will gain value. A quality hand made rifle should gain in value by the time your great grand kids are ready to sell them. If they keep up with inflation.
On the other hand, I bought dozens of milsurps over the years, that have sky rocketed in price. Look at guns on Antiques Roadshow. Grandpa's old musket isn't worth as much as the family thought, in most cases.

Last edited:
Back