• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Does ball /patch tension

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't even immmagine loading with dry patches.
Even a sharps won't shoot more that two shots without lube

I can't even immmagine loading with dry patches.
Even a sharps won't shoot more that two shots without lube

True, but I was not promoting the idea of shooting patched balls without lube. Just trying to clarify that they can be shot when properly fitted without the patch burning up and that it is not the lube that prevents patch burning at all.

I was aware of the Glossary on this forum, but it does/can not cover every possible word, or anagram used here. We bump into related subject areas, with their own abbreviated speech, frequently, here. Add to that all the abbreviations being invented daily by the Text Message senders, and you can't stay awake long enough every day to complete a Glossary that covers everything.

Don't hesitate to simply ask the person who posts the comment to translate what he's talking about!

I used to earn a lot of points asking my African-American Clients what some of the Street jargon( jive, "Ebonics", Rap- now) meant in English. They were surprised that a " White Dude" wanted to know. :grin:

For example, I knew instantly what a couple of guys walking thru the Courthouse parking lot were saying to each other when one said, " Da Sound in my Ride is Mo' Bedda' den the sound in yo' Crib".
[Translation: The Stereo system in my car puts out better sound quality than the stereo you have in your home.]

Have no fear, when I think that I don't know what I need to know, I will ask.

:wink:

TPI wasn't there, for instance. But I probably should have known that. It came to me when you mentioned it.

Maybe Musketman will be adding to the glossary at some point.

I kinda wish it was one click away. I'll need it often, until I'm handy with the jargon.

I'm going at this like I know nothing at all. I've fired guns since I was about 9 and owned them since I was 11.

I have one muzzle loader, not in bp.

But for this, I want to start from absolute scratch.

So consider that I know nothing at all, at this point. I don't want to assume, if ya catch my meaning. :grin:

mbokie said:
I kinda wish it was one click away. I'll need it often, until I'm handy with the jargon.
You should be able keep the glossary open in another "tab" or "window" in your browser while you are reading the rest of the Forum. IIRC (If I recall correctly), holding down the [Ctrl] key when you click on a link will open it in another tab in most browsers, then you can just click on the "tab"s to switch between what you're reading and the glossary.

Regards,
Joel

And Calgary Joel,

Yup, I stuck them both up there. It was getting crowded so I dumped the MSM tripe. :haha:

Back