• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Done w/ First Build......

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Little Wattsy

69 Cal.
Reaction score
From open box to ready to shoot Lyman .54 GPR pics....

Yes thats my blood; Decided to spare you the sweat and trears :grin:

I inletted all that needed it; Got a tad aggressive on the tang (As Zonie "says slow down foo") But its tight and works - Barrel is snug in stock (due to very slight cocked angle of the tang I THINK) but acceptable I believe.
I chissiled a VERY BASIC design in my thumb and then went to work on the stock. Used a clear stain (two coats) and then three coats of polyurathaine (sure I spelt that wrong). Spent three days browning...still not 100% sure Im OK with the results
I will understand the giggles but please keep the proxisims of mirth to your selves :wink:

Gonna take it and go kill me a buffalo to put in the freezer, hopefully next month.

IMGP0537.jpg

IMGP0538.jpg

IMGP0539.jpg

IMGP0544.jpg

IMGP0547.jpg

IMGP0548.jpg

IMGP0549.jpg

IMGP0552.jpg

IMGP0553.jpg

IMGP0555.jpg

IMGP0558.jpg

IMGP0560-1.jpg

IMGP0561-1.jpg

IMGP0563-1.jpg

IMGP0564-1.jpg

IMGP0556.jpg

IMGP0557.jpg

Yikes what did you do slice open an artery building that thing?? :shocked2:

Aside from the carnage, nicely done! :thumbsup: Very unique and handsome grain on that stock! :thumbsup:

Hopefully the next blood she sees is that of a nice plump buffalo!

Nice job and a nice streaky piece of walnut, looks a lot like zebrawood. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Congratulations! By the blood trail, it looks like that chisel done a good job on you. We'll expect bison blood soon! Please post pics! :thumbsup:

That's a beautiful custom GPR! The wood grain and stain are pleasing and so's the nosecap...I like the finish on the hardware, too :thumbsup:

:wink: Ah yes another one who puts his blood into his work :rotf: :rotf: My wife used to say it was my trademark :haha: :thumbsup:

Nice job! I just wanted to tell you that you're not the only one who bleeds on his work. This january I got 6 stitches from a gouge that slipped while I was working on my stock. I guess you could say that we really get into our work. :haha: Dew

Nice Job Wattsy... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Cheers ... The finish looks great and nice extra on the butt as well.
Cheers again a Loyalist Dawg :hatsoff:

:applause:
Beautiful rifle. Job well done. Bet you can't wait to shoot her!

About the blood trail..... my grandfather used to say you never own a knife until you cut yourself with it. Guess the same goes for a fine gun.

Happy Shooting! :thumbsup:

I think its a good lookn rifle for sure! I am Kinda thinkin bout doing somthing like that but am afraid of how bad I would critiqe my work.

txcookie said:
I think its a good lookn rifle for sure! I am Kinda thinkin bout doing somthing like that but am afraid of how bad I would critiqe my work.

Yah you live and learn but Im finding that I enjoy my own imperfection more then the factory/cookie cutter job's that I have bought.....Not saying I would like a REAL NICE custom gun some day though....

Back