• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Drawbacks To Changing To FL Back to Percussion

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wpjson

40 Cal.
Reaction score
When I was in the Army in the 1960's I learned that with music systems the more components you had the better quality music could be produced. The more one component had to do, the less the quality. If you had a single component that would play the records, be a reciever, be an amp and so on, the quality, usually, sucked. Does this apply to muzzleloaders. Is a pistol or rifle that can be switched back and forth inferior to one which cannot? :confused: Is a fulltime FL rifle superior as a FL to a rifle that can be switched back and forth? I am not sure I am being clear.

I own 2 that can be converted back and forth one is a Dixie .32 cal and the other a .50 Leonard Day swivel breech. Use them both flintlock and percussion with great success,I believe if the weapon is of a good manufacture it makes no difference in the quality of the final results,But rests solely on the ability of the shooter and their experience with said ignition system.R.C.

Back