• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Dunlap Isaac Haines

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jennyfell55

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I know that this kit comes with a Siler lock... but what kind of trigger is it? Davis? And can I get it in a double set, double action form? Thank you much!

Yep and yep on the trigger. One thing I added, was the large trigger guard, I wanted room for a gloved finger in cold weather when using the front trigger only for hunting.

Thanks so much for your help! One more question... would this kit have a brass patchbox or a sliding wooden one? Are there any advantages to either one? Thanks a bunch!

I have built two Dunlap Haines rifles and I do not believe that they provide any special options for a wooden or brass patchbox (no cavities routed out or dovetails machined into the buttstock, inletting, etc).

You can call the shop and ask, they have always been very helpful on the phone.

Dave

Please forgive the confusion... what I meant to say was which type of patchbox would be more correct on this rifle, and are they any advantanges to one or the other? What's the twist rate on that barrel? Also, as far as the furniture goes, bronze or iron? And why? Thank you so much for your help!

Back