• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Early Virginia makes meat for a needy family

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roundball

Cannon
Reaction score
Warm and wet this morning, didn’t see a thing, was about to pack it in late morning when this one came wandering through the oaks”¦donated it to some folks who could make good use of it.
.62cal Early Virginia / 110grns Goex 2F / .022” lubed patch / .600”x325grn lead ball.
40yds high shoulder shot to get the spinal column, DRT.

Good shooting Roundball!
I'll be looking for one like that next week!
Scare a couple up this way...
How can you concentrate?
I'd be mesmerized staring at the figured wood.

Have you seen "Mr. Big" yet?

you gonna get a good buck this year.
man some of the past have been darn nice.
but nothing beat doe back strap.

Good shot and good cause. Gonna try this week myself but it's turning out to be a Texas fall again. Set freezing records Tues. & Wed. then heat records Sun. Deer staying pretty close to the brush pile till the weather gods decide what's what!! :wink:

makeumsmoke said:
Have you seen "Mr. Big" yet?
I've seen a total of 4 bucks...2 were really nice shooters but haven't been able to get them to stop moving through the trees long enough to get on them...whistle, grunt call, etc...at best they'd pause then step right on. Season runs through January 1st so I'll keep at it...enough time in the woods and sooner or later one of them might let their guard down. Meanwhile, I'm just enjoying getting out, playing the cards I'm dealt and I have a 4th Doe tag left.

wattlebuster said:
RB your killin me. I cant go till this weekend. Congrats to ya :thumbsup:
You have a big herd in Alabama IIRC, how long does your season run?

Nice hunt roundball!
Geez, you break out the camera before field dressing.
Did you post this to the forum from the woods as well? :grin:

Latest posts

Back