• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Enfield and round ball?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GST said:
Update...got the nipple out, all is well. Ran some Kroil down barrel and let it soak for a while and found that a 7mm wrench fit best. That don't seem right. Tried some .562 ball that I ordered by mistake with my standard patching, an old Wah shirt that looked like mattress ticking dipped in 50/50 bee wax and mutton tallow and squeezed the excess off. Just short started and pulled back out. Pretty snug fit however.
Something is still not "right" about this carbine. I can't tell if has been refinished, the varnish or lack there of is not what I remember from one I had back in the old days. I will get a fellow I know to look at it, he's forgot more about these things than most of us will ever know.
I just get the feeling that it's some kind of counterfiet.

Scott

counterfiet? :idunno:
take a look at the stamps and markings on top of the barrel. Take the Barrel out and look on the underside.
the stamps will tell....

Back