• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Escopetas again

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Veteran Arms had some Indian miquelets I worked on. Problem being that over there they assume all the locks work the same and the miquelets just weren't right in any way. Im not sure if sending them a miquelet lock would help or not. It was much like their boxlocks, the frizzen toes are cut to ride on a standard frizzen even there isn't one there.
I think you would need to go to India .Thats what I did . I took locks inc a Orig Wheellock to supervise as the crew made copies , The actual artisans' are quite capable of making most any thing despite what we would call deplorable conditions, My adding "Same to same Original"& "Polis"ect scant tooling mostly eye ball measurement's and Tekneek's .Yet they made me one offs of all sorts R & Left, Pairs didnt matter they could do it wonderfully well considering my Hindi was a bad as their English. What they can do isn't the problem its the Merchants who can speak English who as oft as not' Nickle & Dime' the artizans re prices .Should be" Rupees & Piasa "but neither would be heeded. Great potential But I gave up on that trade & went hunting Traction Engines instead . But that Sahibs is another story .Would I go out to India again? ". Not on your Nellie".It didn't kill me last time but it tried .. " Youth was cheap, wherefore we sold it ",Gold was good we hoped to hold it", And today we know the fullness of our gains ". to miss quote from Kipling''s Xmas in India' . Poetic license ?.
Regards Rudyard

I think you would need to go to India .Thats what I did ...
Not for the feint of heart ... as one of our MZL Members here just tried that ... but in another Country - not in India, and not for a Miquelet - but they lo$t a ton of $$$ in the process; after months and months of work and overseas trips ...

This is such a small niche in terms of men actually re-enacting it; there's not likely to be any "mass produced" muskets from Pedersoli. (Wait for some guy to post that Jim Kibler should make one!😁)

Not for the feint of heart ... as one of our MZL Members here just tried that ... but in another Country - not in India, and not for a Miquelet - but they lo$t a ton of $$$ in the process; after months and months of work and overseas trips ...
Good summery. I wasn't so much' feint of heart' as over charged with imagination I could see the potential I was under capitalized but did get a lot of old rifles out and took tea with three Maharaj's in a day . Ime 80 now not going anywhere but down a few feet .Too many miles on my clock .
Regards Rudyard

Back