• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Ever done this with a buck scrotum?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skychief

69 Cal.
Reaction score
Now that I have your attention, I want to know if any of you have ever made a ball pouch(bag :rotf: ) from a whitetail scrotum. I tried to many years ago with so-so results. Anybody ever fashioned a bag out of a scrotum? :redface:

I've never done it but did see a guy on a newfoundland moose hunt that was preparing one for just that use. He had filled it wish ashes from a wood stove. He said that the ashes would help to preserve it as well as help it maintain it's shape until it dried. I don't know if he was B/S ing me or not.
:grin: :grin: Sorry...........just couldn't help myself......I guess ther'd be a bag limit of one per animal? :rotf: :rotf:

done it with Muley's years back. Theyare a tad bigger in the pantaloons so to speak.

turned it inside out, worked it over a light bulb, salted it and let dry out.

was but wee kids of 12 or 13, but when done/dry,,broke out the light bulb, turned it around and put a drawsting on it!

Dont do this with a trailer hitch ball!

Used to have a bag made from a Buffalo scrotum. Finally petered out(no pun!) after 12 years use. Just turned the raw strotum inside out and stretched over a wood ball form. I let dry and lightly sanded flesh side using coarse grit sand paper. Soaked over night in clean water and wringed out. Par-boiled a calfs brain and put the brain into a blender and mushed it up. Then rubbed the brain malt solution into the flesh side real good and submerged the whole scrotum into the brain solution over night again.
Next day I took it out and started working or breaking the scrotum down over a rounded wooden peg held in a vise till dry and soft. A couple days later, I smoked the flesh side with rotten cottonwood pulp for a nice amber gold color!

Now wasn't that simple?..... :rotf:

Rick

Got one in the freezer as we speak, just need time to tan it. Seen several over the years n thought it was a great idea. Try not to waste anything if I can help it.

Was in Billy Bob's in Ft Worth one time and they have bull bags made into women's purses and things to put stuff in your kitchen like friut and veggies, eggs, etc. They were stiff and streched like maybe rawhide. Bull's bigger ones.
Ronnie
ps also seen walking canes made from the attached or unattached parts.

You could put nuts in one to keep ready if you need a snack while out hunting

I had one in the freezer for awhile but think SWMBO must have disposed of it as I can't seem to find it!

Hot sand was part of the process of shrinking and preserving human heads. Can't remember all the details of the process. I used to love to go to Ye Olde Curiosity Shoppe on the pier in Seattle when I was a kid in the 1960s and stare at the shrunken heads and the mummies ...

I've never done this, but the next buck that I get will have to give it a try.

Never done that, I normally hang the sac on a tree after gutting as well as the tail. For moose i hang the bell if its a bull.

Latest posts

Back