• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Fair price for NE shotgun stock??

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is one on eBay but it isn't cheap, $265 shipped, lots of them without the hardware. Buying the hardware for a bare stock can get very expensive. I would guess around $200 for your stock would be a fair price; eBay prices are out the roof.

I posted a "wanted" ad here for a complete Hawken stock less the barrel and was offered one for $200 which I bought after looking at the eBay prices. Turns out the stock looked great on the outside but had internal cracks and flaws where you couldn't see them. I fixed everything to be stronger than a factory stock, added a GM drop in barrel and made a nice gun.

Here is the finished stock before I put the barrel in it, I removed a lot of excess wood.

done lock side.JPG

I got lucky one time and bought a really rough Renegade stock less the lock and barrel for $60 from a friend who didn't need it. The stock looked like someone had batted rocks with it. I went to work on it with a steam iron and removed almost all of the dents. I added an L&R RPL lock and a NOS .54 TC kit barrel and made a nice gun.

renegade.JPG

Last edited:
Back