• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Fancy Wood - Making my own grips

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the backstrap fitment a lot closer. Also took out all the scratches, stripped the old finish, and reblued. Fitment isn't perfect, but I may make unmentionable modifications to this revolver. If I do that, I'll need to refinish the frame anyway, and I'd really rather only do that once. Can blend the edges perfect then.

BackStrapFitted.png

How difficult would it be to model something like this trigger guard? I have files that were apparently used to 3d print this example but the company I spoke with couldn’t use those files…
I am an old timer and most of this is far beyond my reach…

Attachments

• IMG_4985.jpeg
    IMG_4985.jpeg
    357.1 KB
  • IMG_4984.jpeg
    IMG_4984.jpeg
    296 KB
How difficult would it be to model something like this trigger guard? I have files that were apparently used to 3d print this example but the company I spoke with couldn’t use those files…
I am an old timer and most of this is far beyond my reach…

That shape would be moderately complex to model. Could be done, but might be no reason to re-invent the wheel. Start another thread and post up the files. Might be able to make what you have work. Lots of places out there do casting or CNC metal work, or even metal 3D printing.

Ever try your machine with bone? I have a collection of bone handled knives and would like bone grip panels on my 1911 unmentionable.

I have not. Thought about doing antler or something, but haven't come across a source for big enough pieces yet. Would probably need to come up with a good air filtration solution before doing either. Actually, I really should do it anyway. Sawdust is bad enough.

Back