• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Favorite rifle builder today

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zonie, people can't understand you without your teeth man, put 'em in man! :eek: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

Bought a rifle by Roger Sells (50 cal Southern Mt Rifle) awhile back off the internet (not usually a smart move)w/a 3 day inspection period. Totaly dissambled and cleaned it. Hope his guns today are half a good ad the one I got!! A true master :master:

Thanks for sharing, Sniper68. I only saw e-mail photos of his work prior to purchasing his .36 which he built around 1980. Making smoke with it helps make waiting for the .54 to be finished a little easier ::

BTW, would like to see photos of your .50 if you're a mind to posting them :grey:

Dixie Flinter,here's a couple of pictures you requested. :peace:
HPIM1665.jpg

HPIM1644.jpg

Jack Hubbard, they shoot exactly to the sights and they look like they should.

Having only the internet pics and post from various byuilders to go by I would also pick EK as one of the best with Brad Emig and Chris Immel up there as well, I do have a prejudice for guns built to historic standards and specs of known originals not the fantasy guns no matter how nice they look or how well built.

I really like Jack Hubard's Rifles they just look and feel right and he is alot of fun too.

I read all the posts and I was very surprised that neither Jud Brennan nor Wallace Gusler were mentioned.As for myself it would depend on whether I was going to keep the gun or sell it.As some of you may know my great love in Kentucky rifles is the pre revolutionary rifle. If I were going to have one made to keep then I would go to the man who single handedly started the resurrection of the early Kentucky rifle when he built the Genesis gun at a time when all other builders were making Golden Age[url] guns.In[/url] my opinion the two most knowlegeable men in the area of early Kentucky rifles are Wallace Gusler and Earl Lanning both of whom I am honored to call friend and it is the old man of the North Carolina mountains,Earl Lanning whom I would choose to build my dream gun of the Pre Revolutionary War period.I would let his imagination run wild and watch as he "transisted" into the mid 18th century and worked accordingly.
Tom Patton

Last edited by a moderator:
Back