• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Fellow shooters in mid- Ohio

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Finical

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Hello, I'm looking for people in the mid-Ohio area who would like to share knowledge,skills, and crafts concerning buckskinning. Also would like to get together with some people who like to burn powder from time to time. I can be contacted at: [email protected]

Howdy, there are plenty of buckeyes here, I myself am one...

"course there's nothing "mid" about me... :haha:

Snake-eyes 1000 is a mid-buckeyeian...

Welcome to the forum...

kevin, welcome to the forum glad to have you with us.
I am not really into the buckskinning thing outside of reading as much as can about it. Outside of hunting i do all my b/p shooting at the Columbus Muzzleloading Gun Club south of GroveCity off SR#665. if you would like i could PM their shoot scedule which is usually the third sunday of the month and is open to the public.
again welcome and stay active
I am snake-eyes :peace: :) :thumbsup:

hey im a buckeye from zansville i had a book that i was useing to tan a hide or buckskining ill try and fide out what it was it was called and welcome to the forum

Wow, I live pretty close to you guys.
I live just west of the city of Zanesville just off Route 40.
Work in Heath and graduated from Heath back in the late 70's.
Anyways, I am a fairly busy guy but when the weather breaks I wouldn't mind participating in some organized ML shoots. There is a lot for me to learn about PRB for I have been more of a maxi-ball or sabot shooter (deer hunter). I hear the PBR is a pretty good choice for deer so I may it give it a "shot" sometime in a hunt.

Howdy, there are plenty of buckeyes here, I myself am one...

"course there's nothing "mid" about me... :haha:

Snake-eyes 1000 is a mid-buckeyeian...

Welcome to the forum...

Welcome to the forum and jump right in .

Musketman......snake-eyes may just stuff a lil more straw around yer mid section to produce that middrif bulge
:crackup: :crackup: :rolleyes: :crackup: :crackup:

Hey snake eyes I just joined that club a few weeks ago, small world. :thumbsup:
Hopefully I can find some time to burn some powder soon, it is driving me crazy.

Hey Snake-Eyes and He-Bear! I just rejoined the CMLGC a couple weeks ago at their New Years Day shoot. I'd been a member back in the 70's and early 80's. It was a great club then and looks like it's still a great club.
Say "hi" if you see me...I'll either have a DGW Tennesse rifle or a cut-down Charleville. I'll be the guy who can't hit anything.
WJ

Weird jack you wouldn't be the guy with glasses talking about using traditional dress and a powder horn would you. If you are I was the guy with glasses and about the size of a bear next to you joining at the same time.
Also you wont be the only one that can't hit anything when it comes to scores of misses I am pretty consistant at that. :: :thumbsup:

YES! Yes indeed, that was me!
You are Harley's friend, right?
I went out and shot some that Sunday, and again last Saturday.
I'll probably brave the cold this Saturday around 10am and do some more shooting. Gotta go up to Log Cabin Shop Friday and grab some 4F to prime with...and get some other stuff that I can't live without.
Hey, we still have 6 weeks to practice before the next shoot! :)
WJ

He-Bear & WeirdJack,
maybe after this weather breaks a little the three of us (i mean 4 i would have to include my son) could get together at the club some early sat morning. that is about the only time i can get loose. we will have to carry this on thru PM and get off the welcome forum.
snake-eyes :peace: :) :thumbsup: :)

hello, from wakatomika,ohio. if you are in the zanesville area check out Carlwick muzzleloading! he has a fair amount of "goodies"!!reasonable too!there seems to be in this part of Ohio few clubs?Centerburg has the Ohio Valley Club,there may be more but I cant find em'?I would like to see some over the log shoots!!old time shoots and novelty stuff!lots of fun!if you know of any shoots in eastern and southeastern Ohio post them!I would like to visit with some people of like interests. :thumbsup:

With all these Ohio members, I feel right at home. Welcome aboard, boyo! (Somewhere up north)

Howdy there Blahman, How far up north are ya ? I'm in Cardington, just south of Mt.Gilead . Looking for a place to shoot around here besides the local shooing range. That place is always under water. Well, let me know if your anywhere close to here. Would like to do some shooting soon. Keep your powder dry ! Kevin

Howdy there Blahman, How far up north are ya ? I'm in Cardington, just south of Mt.Gilead . Looking for a place to shoot around here besides the local shooing range. That place is always under water. Well, let me know if your anywhere close to here. Would like to do some shooting soon. Keep your powder dry ! Kevin

I'm up here in Wadsworth, Medina County...not far from Lodi. I run through Mt. Giliad when I service a couple of stops in Marion. If your looking for a place to shoot, there is a group in the Killbuck area that has a range, camp sites, shoots and whatever. I'll have to get in touch with a fella I know that can put me onto some info on joining up (which might not be a bad idea for me) Send me a PM if interested. I shoot over at Log Cabin now and then.

Latest posts

Back