• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Ferguson flintlock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was joking...
no offense!
if its PC and burns black powder its all good to me! :front:

Is this the same Fergusson on the cover of Blackmores "Guns and Rifles of the World"? Gold touchhole liner and "durs egg" on a gold scroll with leaves behind it on the lock?

A de-luxe model of the Fergusson breech loading rifle which was made by durs egg for the prince of Wales, later King George IV in 1782. By gracious permission of her Majesty the Queen (Windsor Castle)

I seem to recall a book by either Blackmore or Haywood specifically on the collection of guns at Windsor. That may have more photos. :)

Well it's not on the cover of my copy - Kolbe's air gun got that spot.

But there is a photo of it, plate 404, where it is listed as item 420 in the Windsor Castle collection (circa 1965).

Shows from the butt out past the ramrod entrance pipe, but it's a small black and white photo.

There are two more examples shown, one with a sliding bayonet.

None taken all in good Humor , yes it is one in the same gun as you mention but I have never seen detailed photos .

well, that book is so damn good it would surprise me if its been through 20 editions by now. :)
Mines the Australian edition, no date but probaly late 1970's, the cover has cutaway drawings of 4 bolt action rifles, the slipcover has a huge colour closeup of the Fergusson and on the back a pair of french duelers presented to Emperor Franz-Josef of Austria.

Latest posts

Back