• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

fffg powder

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got some from Traveler's Antiques and Trading about 6 months ago when nobody else had it in stock. It's house repackaged Schutzen.

How much are you looking for? Stocking up for the long haul or just a pound or two? If you're just looking for a pound or two, shipping is usually a killer. You might try The Great Outdoors in Cherryville (Gaston County) or The Man Cave in Marion. I think I recall asking at The Man Cave a few months ago and they only had substitute.

Last edited:
I got some from Traveler's Antiques and Trading about 6 months ago when nobody else had it in stock. It's house repackaged Schutzen.

How much are you looking for? Stocking up for the long haul or just a pound or two? If you're just looking for a pound or two, shipping is usually a killer. You might try The Great Outdoors in Cherryville (Gaston County) or The Man Cave in Marion. I think I recall asking at The Man Cave a few months ago and they only had substitute in stock.

How much are you looking for? Stocking up for the long haul or just a pound or two? If you're just looking for a pound or two, shipping is usually a killer. You might try The Great Outdoors in Cherryville (Gaston County) or The Man Cave in Marion. I think I recall asking at The Man Cave a few months ago and they only had substitute in stock.
I only need a couple of pounds. I have two ffg in-house and need fffg for my SMR .32 cal. I am finishing. Hazmat is a killer. I will check the place in Cherryville and Man Cave too.

Thank you
TerryC

I'm looking for a distributor with fffg in stock. Any suggestions?

Respectfully
I took 3f and used a mortar and pestle to ground it almost to the equivalent of confectioners' sugar. if you decide to do this, be careful, don't use metal, use wood or other non-sparking materials.

I took 3f and used a mortar and pestle to ground it almost to the equivalent of confectioners' sugar. if you decide to do this, be careful, don't use metal, use wood or other non-sparking materials.
Just stop. Please don't start us down this road again.
Overthinking things, making things more work and complication than they need to be.
2f and 3f will work fine in the pan.
There are numerous posts on this.
Sure, you can crush it,,,, but why bother. Besides, you loose the benefits of the glazing of 2f and 3f if you crush it. If you hunt 2f and 3f will give you a slight bit of moisture resistance you won't get from 4f or of your crush the powder.

I saw this in one of the Sharpe’s Series videos…one of the men was using the end of his metal ramrod to grind his powder finer…

I laughed, thought it was a bit of HollyWood.

Latest posts

Back