• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

FFg and small bore

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I'm in the process of making the conversion to .45 and smaller(I have my reasons), all I have is FF and I've got a several yr supply, somebody please tell me they've had good results running the stuff (FF)thru the smaller cal(s). Yeah I know each rifle likes what it likes, im mostly reading it's FFF only for these. We'll see I guess or maybe I'll be wanting to do some trading....
All I shoot in my .45s is 2F because it was a pain in the tuchas trying to keep 2F for the smoothbores and 3F for the rifles and pistols. I use 2F in everything and it works great.
Jay

My nipple and drum .45 hang fires a lot using FF. Frustrating when I forget to bring along FFF. I have plenty of FFF so all I gotta do is remember what flask or horn has FFF. And remember to bring it along.

run what ya brung!
It's all good!
especially if it's what ya got and its what you make work for you! :)
back it the day that is what they did!! only carried one powder. that, was the same that loaded the gun and primed with the same powder. only one powder!!! so what happened? every one wants to be politically correct! well this is the way to go! no?

back it the day that is what they did!! only carried one powder. that, was the same that loaded the gun and primed with the same powder. only one powder!!! so what happened? every one wants to be politically correct! well this is the way to go! no?
Since when is using the best powder for a firearm being politically correct?

So I'm in the process of making the conversion to .45 and smaller(I have my reasons), all I have is FF and I've got a several yr supply, somebody please tell me they've had good results running the stuff (FF)thru the smaller cal(s). Yeah I know each rifle likes what it likes, im mostly reading it's FFF only for these. We'll see I guess or maybe I'll be wanting to do some trading....
Youll be fine bud . If you really got particular you can up the charge 5-10 gr. and duplicate your 3F load velocity . Put some groups on paper and how it does . Shoots a little low , up the charge a bit .....its fine

Back