• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Final pics of the French TVLLE

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Well I guess these are the final pics of my first gun building project,
With everyones help I (we) finally got this thing completed.
I loved this rifle (smoothbore) one day and hated it the next.
But I did have fun building it. Thanks to everyone on this site. :hatsoff:
frenchtulle002.jpg
frenchtulle003.jpg

frenchtulle004.jpg
frenchtulle005.jpg
frenchtulle006.jpg
frenchtulle007.jpg
frenchtulle008.jpg

came out real good looking....i liked the way ya used that stone in yer display :bow: :hatsoff: :v .............bob

For your first gun building project :bow: :bow: :bow:
Great work, 82nd.
How many days and nights did you love and hate your TVLLE.
And, is she still a virgin?
:hatsoff:

I loved and hated it for about a week.
Took it up on the ridge of my property overlooking the cumberland mountains one morning real early, put about 100 grains of 3f and a patched round ball and let it rip.
It echoed for miles,woke everybody in the valley.Man was it fun.

Thank God, you didn't build a canon. :grin:
When i remember correctly Squire Robin fire his 6 pdr.canon in his garden.
:hatsoff:

Congratulations on putting together a fine looking smoothie. There's nothing quite as satisfying as seeing your hard work and effort pay off. It will provide you years of service.

Did a fine jon on her. I realy like the brass mounts, I have one in iron but like the brass better.
Jeff :hatsoff:

My..OH ..My, but there is talented people on this forum. Looks stunning :hatsoff:
You can be really proud, Airborne :applause:

Hi Tom,

congrats to the building of this nice peace. Very well done. You are a real craftsman. Hope you have fun and good harvest with it.

Kirrmeister

Thanks everyone for the kind words.
It is a walnut stock, laurel mountain forge cherry stain, with tru oil finish.

Thanks Richard,
Maybe Ill trade some chestnut planks for another gun kit. Once I figure out a price for the planks.

Latest posts

Back