• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Finally Got A Positive Responce

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WALKERs210

36 Cal.
Reaction score
A very good friend of mine owns a Pawn/Gun shop and has never cared a lot about any of the BP guns. Today I went to visit and decided to take along my Pedersoli Frontier 36cal. After he took it out of the leather sheath and examining it over and over the words I never thought I'd hear from him. Boy I like this one. He even made a somewhat feeble attempt at buying it from me, which I had no intentions of selling in the first place, but at least got a positive response. As a general rule he will not take in any BP firearms because in this part of Alabama the number of BP shooters can be counted on one hand with fingers left over, but he did buy one last week with me in mind. Lyman Deerslayer 50cal Stainless Steel in very good condition, just needed a new ramrod (just happened to have a few extra sitting around) and a super cheap price too. Maybe I might get him out shooting next time.

Maybe his disinterest in BP is purely based on ignorance, fueled by all those old myths that still float around out there. I still hear them once in a while. "Oh, you mean those guns with the horn on the end?", "Don't you have to aim at a really high arc just to make it to a hundred yards", "You load those with nuts and bolts", "Isn't there like a five second delay after you pull the trigger?" Or my favorite "Why would you take one of those deer hunting if the accuracy is so bad? You never know where they're gonna hit". I could go on and on.

If you ever get to take him shooting, I would love to hear how his mindset changes. Never fails. Bill

I have always loved to pull someone to the DARK side. A brother-in-law always thought that the only way you could hit anything with a BP was to walk up and use it as a club. After his first round he was hooked.

ML guns from pawn shops are a gamble. That may be the reason he avoids them.
I've found charged weapons in the racks, and all sorts of DIY (Destroy It Yourself) drilling & tapping for scopes, sights, liners, etc...

just a thought: educate him too much and the next one might be a lot pricier. don't wanta shoot a gift horse in the foot. for what it's worth, bubba.

Yea I thought about that, but doubt that he will really make a deep plunge into BP. The Brown Truck made a delivery while I was there, he was like a puppy over one of the rifles that came in sqirming and wiggling all over the place and I hate to admit it I too was impressed. .308 semi-auto by FN-FAL don't remember the model but it ejects the shells forward... but at $1500.00 will have to pick up a lot of cans to pay for that one.

Latest posts

Back