• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Finally got somebody at the ATF...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just so we're clear, I'm not trying to establish a personal career of contacting the ATF...anyone with good ideas like these are more than welcome to execute them :grin:

You seemed frustrated in trying to get an answer to YOUR inquiry. So I tried to help you by explaining how it can be done. You are free to take the suggestion or not. :v

No frustration here...just wanted to be sure you knew you could do all that which you laid out so well as easily as anybody else.
A lot of times people are long on suggestions but short on actions and I worry because they might think the guy with the original idea would be offended if they pitched in to help by implementing their own idea.
Just wanted to be clear it's OK for you to execute your own suggestion...

The use of the phrase "OK to execute" should never be used in the same day as the initials BATF are used. BATmen sometimes do weird things.

I do not have a question that I am trying to get ATF to answer. I tried to show how to get an answer for anyone who really wants to get one. Whoever has an ATF question can write the letter. :surrender:

Bubba45 said:
Ya , you'll probably get a responce allright.....3 o'clock in the morning and your door kicked in with a teargas grenade for breakfast.
Some of the foul ups they have done in the past it would not surprize me one bit.

Without a search warrant of course!!!

roundball said:
No frustration here...just wanted to be sure you knew you could do all that which you laid out so well as easily as anybody else.
A lot of times people are long on suggestions but short on actions and I worry because they might think the guy with the original idea would be offended if they pitched in to help by implementing their own idea.
Just wanted to be clear it's OK for you to execute your own suggestion...

I get the impression that you may be the only one interested in this, so that's why people are giving you suggestions, to help with your quest.

I don't think the results of your inquiry will chnage anything that people are already doing.

And they will shoot your dog, if you leave him outside, :shocked2: before they break down your door, too. :blah: :thumbsup:

Don't worry about anyone tossing a tear gas grenade inside your house, especially if they use the burning type. And nobody worth his salt is going to flashbang the house. Why would someone throw an explosive into a house that may contain/ be filled with explosives? :bull: That just ain't gonna happen.
I for one appreciate your efforts. :thumbsup:

Its really funny isn't...nobody else is doing any legwork to try and get answers to these kinds of question for all our benefits, but there no shortage of people who sit back and toss in their suggestions that "I" oughta do this, or "I" oughta do that...or "that'll never work", etc.

A fishbowl of human nature :grin:

roundball said:
Its really funny isn't...nobody else is doing any legwork to try and get answers to these kinds of question for all our benefits, but there no shortage of people who sit back and toss in their suggestions that "I" oughta do this, or "I" oughta do that...or "that'll never work", etc.

A fishbowl of human nature :grin:

I apprecate what your doing R.B.
But remember your talking to the same people that stormed WACO and Ruby Ridge.
I am sure you are being checked out by "the man"
Not to be paranoid but different officers have different interpitations of the law and if your question ends up on the wrong desk you may get a over zelous greenhorn with a shoot first ask questions later mentality.
Please keep us informed as to what you find out.
I'll throw in a couple of buck for bail money.
:haha:
Just kidding.
Thanks again from all us pussys to afraid to poke a sleeping cobra.

A fishbowl of human nature

Except that somebody else brought all of this to your attention, try not to sprain your arm.

A quick look at the D.C. case should open your eyes to the localized implementation of any restrictions, what works in Oregon does not fly in New England.
Even contacting your local rep is no guarantee for any other area, even yours.

Latest posts

Back