• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Finally... Hand Mortar is Done!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gof

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Well.... Its completed, but I haven't picked it up yet (I live in Germany and will be visiting the states for Thanksgiving and will get it then).

Anyway.

I was going to do this as my first kit build. But life and lack of skills got in the way, so I sent it off to John Buck and he got it done for me.

Here she is!
GOFHandmortar-Web.jpg

More on Hand Mortars and my project at
My Hand Mortar Page

A thing of beauty! I wonder what the muzzle blast is like, seems pretty close to the face. :grin:

Thanks for posting fotos and info, that is a unique peice, was this what the infantrymen known as 'fusiliers' used?

Blizzard of '93 said:
Thanks for posting fotos and info, that is a unique peice, was this what the infantrymen known as 'fusiliers' used?

That's what 'grenadiers" used. It launches grenades. Heaven help you if you light the grenade and then have a "flash in the pan". :rotf:

One of these in golf ball caliber could start a new game, flinch might be a problem making holes in one tho. :blah:

Lovely peice! I would love to shoot it :haha:

I thought grenadiers (at least the ones from that time period) were assault troops. Chosen for there size & strength??

Jumpshot said:
Send that picture to Toby Bridges with the
caption "I hear you got a problem with foot-pounds..." :grin:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

lonesomebob said:
One of these in golf ball caliber could start a new game, flinch might be a problem making holes in one tho. :blah:

Nonsense, that'd be what would separate the pros from the amateurs!

I don't mean to hijack this thread (even if it's old) but I found this tonight, and thought some here would like to see it. "boat gun"

I tried just posting the image, but when I previewed the post, it didn't work.

Now, now. Let's not pick on Toby Bridges. This here is America and everyone has a right to voice their opinion - unless it's sedition not protected by the First Amendment. What Toby says on his blog is Toby's business.

Start saving your tennis balls for ammunition. I've got the barrel but have yet to assemble the lock. Have to finish some other projects before I tackle this one. The "mother" of muzzle loaders.

Jumpshot said:
Send that picture to Toby Bridges with the
caption "I hear you got a problem with foot-pounds..." :grin:

Be more like ton/yards wouldn't it? :youcrazy:

Back