• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

First Blood

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patocazador

54 Cal.
Reaction score
It's not much but it's a start.

I tried for over a week to get either some squirrels or a hog with my SxS shotgun. Today I went to the woods with my wife, my dog, and my 7 y.o. granddaughter and finally got a squirrel.

It's the first game I've shot with the 12ga. and I was surprised by the power. It blew the squirrel out of the tree 15 feet sideways.

Congratulations on the squirrel!

That was surely a nice family outing!
Your dog looks like a "Wachtelhund" can you say a word more about him?

Silex

Congrats! I've pretty much been skunked this year. I got two squirrels early on and that's it. The weather has been crappy for squirrels every chance I get to go.

That creek looks real familiar. I can't place it for sure though.

Silex said:
Congratulations on the squirrel!
Your dog looks like a "Wachtelhund" can you say a word more about him?

Silex

She's a Boykin spaniel, a very good versatile hunting dog. She retrieves doves, ducks, snipe, runs rabbits, trees squirrels and coons, bays up hogs and blood trails deer. Best dog I've ever had.

...and guards the tailgate and tonight's supper! Pretty Boykin Spaniel and sounds terrific. Trouble we had with pointers was that if you let them chase rabbit, the knotheads became addicted and weren't worth a diddley for birds. They'd hit a bunny trail and off they'd go a after brier bunny! Krap. :hatsoff:

Wow, what a bag!

Thank you for letting me know - call me stupid I never heard of the breed before, but I love the looks of it. And what you are describing - it sounds she is a fine versatile hunting dog.

Silex

Back