• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

First Build

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikee51848

54 Cal.
Reaction score
My first build, from Pecatonica.
IM000832.jpg

IM000831.jpg

IM000830.jpg

IM000834.jpg

Pecatonica makes picnic tables???

Oh, you mean that beautiful gun "ON" the picnic table... :thumbsup:

Nice inlay too...

very nice woodwork. and apparently pretty acurate too. Everything you look for in a woman.... beauty and likes to shoot. hold on to her tight... and carress her every night. :master:

Very nice :hatsoff: I really like the color of the wood, is it cherry? You make me want to build another gun.

You did a fine job on the gun and the shooting. As soon as I saw the target I said to myself, "man I am going to have some work to do". Then I realized that I am on your team and said, "cool that is the way to hit'em". Then I realized again, man I am going to have some work to do. Oh well, no pressure, none at all.. :shocking:

My first build, from Pecatonica.

Excellent, you kept the lines crisp, there are too many first guns all rounded out with over-enthusiastic sandpaper, looking good :thumbsup:

OTOH I think they sent you the wrong side plate ::

wildathart,
Aaaaaaarrrrrrggghhhh! Do I feel so bad!!! :( I sent you an email with attachment to show you the bad news. :redface:

He-Bear,
You really do have your work cut out for you. :shocking: :boohoo: You will see in a few days. :cry: I humbly apologize in advance. :master: See if you can save our reputations, please? :sorry:
God bless.
volatpluvia

OH, by the way, wildathart, That is one lovely gun. Both of my first ones were stocked in cherry. Maybe in the next rifle contest at the forum, you can put three shots like that on the card and own all the glory.
God bless.
volatpluvia

Great looking rifle! How was your experience with Pecatonica River? I'm looking at their Southern Rifle and am wondering about the level of work involved. I have built a couple of kit guns, but most of the work was done. So anyway, I'd appreciate your comments. Again, that's an heirloom you've created.

Pecatonica makes picnic tables???

Oh, you mean that beautiful gun "ON" the picnic table... :thumbsup:

Nice inlay too...

"Pecatonica makes picnic tables???"

That's too funny!!! :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

Old Blue, when I opened the box, I was completely overwhelmed, and not in a good way. I thought, what am I getting into here! :p But, taking my time, using Chuck Dixon's book, and some great advice from a few guys on this board, it came out ok.

Robin, what do you mean "wrong side plate"?

I'm just guessing here... it looks like an Andrew Verner style rifle, but the sideplate looks like an Armstrong? Something along those lines?

Still a nice gun.

I'm just guessing here... it looks like an Andrew Verner style rifle, but the sideplate looks like an Armstrong? Something along those lines?

Still a nice gun.

That's (Verner) what I ordered. Didn't do a patchbox because, well, one step at a time.

Latest posts

Back