• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

first cap and ball revolver kill !!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

silent sniper

40 Cal.
Reaction score
well i have been playing around lately with my dads italian 36 cal brass framed revolver that he bought years ago. and after todays hunt i am unofficially calling it my revolver from now on :rotf: i have been practicing with it lately at 15 to 35 yards. my load is 20 grains FFF, wonderwad, and a hornady .375 swaged roundball. at 15 yards i simply aim dead on. at 30+ yards i have to aim a few inches under my target sense it shoots high. well today i took my sister out and the rabbit dog to see if we could manage for my sister to get a rabbit with my navy arms double barrel 12 guage muzzleloader. i decided to take along the revolver just because it was loaded from checking traps this morning. well we jumped a couple rabbits but nothing was coming together.the weather wasnt the greatest and the rabbits were running into the holes instead of circling back around to us. well we were walking around a large brush patch when i saw a rabbit slowely run up the hill. i pulled up the revolver and hoped the rabbit would stop. well what do you know the rabbit stopped right there in the open. the shot was pretty far so i aimed a few inches under the rabbit and pulled the trigger. now i didnt actually think i would hit the rabbit, i just figured i might get lucky. well as the smoke cleared i saw the rabbit drop then slowly drag itself over the hill. i jumped up and down in excitment that i actually hit the rabbit. in my excitment as i went to run up to the rabbit i tripped and fell flat on my face :rotf: i quickly got up and ran over to where the rabbit was. i got there i looked over the hill to see the rabbit laying about 10 yards from where i shot it. there was even a trackable blood trail :haha: well i stepped it off and it was around a 40 yard shot !!! i was so awesome. i made an angling shot that got vitals. this has started a new addiction with blackpowder pistols. i will be out there packing the 6 shooter alot more now. this has been a very very fun and challanging hunt. cheers SS
961.jpg

851.jpg

Here I go again, but I don't care.

You have three threads going right now, and everyone of them are annoying to read.

Don't they teach grammar in school anymore?

Outstanding Silent Sniper! :applause: Good hunt, great tale. Keep 'em coming.

:hatsoff:
Spot

You have a wonderful opportunity to hunt and enjoy the great outdoors.

PS:

Don't be afraid to write your story on Microsoft Word and run the spell checker through it. Utilizing this can help you understand the rules of grammar. :thumbsup:

nice! as soon as I get my new combination gun I'll be out snowshoe hunting.

You shouldn't shoot at anything living unless your confidant in making a killing shot. I'm glad you made a good shot on it and got it but you shouldn't go shooting at anything you figure on never hitting. :v

Capper said:

You have three threads going right now, and everyone of them are annoying to read.

Lighten up. Silent Snipers spelling and grammar are better than some much older members on here.

Silent Sniper - Keep at it :thumbsup:

Capper said:
KHickam said:
Capper said:

Lighten up. Silent Snipers spelling and grammar are better than some much older members on here.

He'll grow into one of those old men too.

Now is the time to correct it. In my own crude way. I'm trying to help.

Frankly, i'm not crazy about the shot he took either, but i'll let that one go.
I'm sure you are.

Capper said:
KHickam said:
Capper said:

Shouldn't those "i's" in I'm and I'll be capitalized?
flamethrower.gif

ohiosam said:
Capper said:
KHickam said:
Capper said:

Shouldn't those "i's" in I'm and I'll be capitalized?
flamethrower.gif
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

However they are part of the rules of grammer, so with out calling the kettle black perhaps we can return to the original subject of the post, killing rabbits.

You're missing the point. I'm 68. It really doesn't matter how I write anymore. My life is done.

He has his whole life ahead of him. Filling out applications for work and whatnot. He'll be judged on what he says.

You guys shouldn't encourage it. Quit acting like a rat pack. Jumping on me doesn't help him.

As for the topic? A rabbit shouldn't be dragging itself over a hill. A shot should be bang flop. It's not an elk.

Must be nice to be able to walk on water. Can you part seas as well?
Sorry old bean but you seem to enjoy slapping others around while doing the same thing yourself. Being 68 does not give you or anyone else the right to be rude. The world owes you absolutely nothing.

You did fine SS. You got the rabbit That's what counts. You can't get them if you don't shoot at them. How many is killed by the cars. Let them try it if they think it is easy. :thumbsup: PP Dilly

Capper said:

And I'd get banned if I told Capper what he deserves to hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back