• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

first cap and ball revolver kill !!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think an elk should "drag it's self over the hill after the shot either" but it happens to all of us sometimes and thats life as a hunter/hunted. Bent

Robert Iliff said:
Capper said:
Here I go again, but I don't care.

You have three threads going right now, and everyone of them are annoying to read.

Don't they teach grammar in school anymore?

And I'd get banned if I told Capper what he deserves to hear.

Don't let that stop you. Use a PT.

Bentchile said:
I don't think an elk should "drag it's self over the hill after the shot either" but it happens to all of us sometimes and thats life as a hunter/hunted. Bent

Point being an elk will keep going with a proper shot.

Capper said:
ohiosam said:
Capper said:
KHickam said:
Capper said:

You have three threads going right now, and everyone of them are annoying to read.

Don't they teach grammar in school anymore?

Lighten up. Silent Snipers spelling and grammar are better than some much older members on here.

Silent Sniper - Keep at it :thumbsup:

He'll grow into one of those old men too.

Now is the time to correct it. In my own crude way. I'm trying to help.

Frankly, i'm not crazy about the shot he took either, but i'll let that one go.

Shouldn't those "i's" in I'm and I'll be capitalized?
flamethrower.gif

Yes, but I always thought it looked stupid. It looked like the start of a sentence where it didn't belong.

this grammar scolding coming from a guy that makes up words , changes the rules of English because of his personal preference,and always uses his age to be rude ??

Ever hear of leading by example ??

personally , here's a young guy out running a trap line and hunting using traditional muzzleloaders, he deserves a huge pat on the back in my opinion.

edit because i wanted to mention two more things
1) he took his sister hunting with him , that is awesome !!

2)anybody who actually hunts knows ,sooner or later your gonna track one

Boy, am I excited!!! Kind of like being in grade school again :bow:. Can't wait until I get in the first (1st) grade...Bud
PS..Ya done good SS

I apologize to the list for taking the bait on this one.

Fine job Silent Sniper!

Warmest Regards,
Robert

Hey Silent Sniper Congrats!! Some people cant help but put down others for doing what they can not do own their own!! I think it is great that you are out in the outdoors. Please dont let anyone take anything away from what you are doing. Keep on Keeping on!!!

Well rabbits love life as much as elk and don't flop over dead EVERY time. As for grammer/spelling I have seen post here written in pagen/redneck/mt man speek that I had to read several times just to understand and i ain't never saw anybody say nary a word bout it. Bent

So, all of you with perfect grammar.

Is that helping his? Didn't think so.

The only way to help him, is to point it out. Something you all are too timid to do. Not political correct it seems.

Ok, you can have your way. I'm the bad guy, and the kid hasn't learned a thing.

Congrats SS, keep after it,Be safe,practice, Enjoy. Bent

Bentchile said:
Well rabbits love life as much as elk and don't flop over dead EVERY time. As for grammer/spelling I have seen post here written in pagen/redneck/mt man speek that I had to read several times just to understand and i ain't never saw anybody say nary a word bout it. Bent

I have too, and I never would say anything.

He's 16 years old. He can be changed. If you'd all help instead of focusing on me.

:shocked2: 40 yards!!! Heck of a shot, especially with a pistol. Keep the threads coming. I'll be going after rabbits tomorrow with my smoothbore so hopefully I'll have a thread of my own.

Silent Sniper or Josey Wales? :hmm:

Great shot SS and way to go!

I would have taken the same shot in a heartbeat! Anybody that rabbit hunts much knows how easily rabbits are killed. I have taken them with just 1 or 2 pieces of 6-shot in the arse, for crying out loud! :idunno: Don't you dare let any blowhards here stop you from sharing your hunts with us, okay?

You have inspired me to knock the dust off my Old Army, by the way. May try to take a rabbit or squirrel with it soon.

THANKS FOR SHARING! :thumbsup:

Skychief

Capper said:
The only way to help him, is to point it out. Something you all are too timid to do. Not political correct it seems.

You're right Capper.

Silent Sniper, please note the word "political" above. It is used improperly. The correct word in this case would have been "politically". Please make a note of it.

How's that for "timid"? :idunno: :rotf:

Skychief

Capper said:
So, all of you with perfect grammar.

Is that helping his? Didn't think so.

Ok, you can have your way. I'm the bad guy, and the kid hasn't learned a thing.
Timid, no, we are just being polite, which is lost to you since your best at being a rude individual, blaming being rude again on your age and being anti politically correct. Face it your just a rude old man that seems to be miserable in life so everyone else is supposed to be miserable along with you.
Your not attemping to teach this young man anything, all you do is chastize different people for what they do, which is annoy you. All you have to do if you find some ones posts annoying is to not read them instead of pretending to be a used up cranky old english professor.

Well, bad grammar bothers me as well, especially from those old enough to know better (cough, cough!), but then that's not what this thread is about, now...is it?

Know what I saw when I read this post? I felt the excitement of a young man who has just discovered what we know and love...hunting, and black powder shooting! OK, so the spelling was not so great...so the shot was a bit "iffy"...the enthusiasm and "cool factor" of nailing a cottontail with a BP pistol is unmistakable and pretty much evident by the look on his face in the photo!
Great job, SS, keep up the hunting and enjoy yourself. You're carrying on the torch in fine tradition, son! :thumbsup:

Capper said:

You have three threads going right now, and everyone of them are annoying to read.....

So don't read 'em, then! :wink:

You might eat a hundred rabbits in your life, but none of them will taste better than this one. Except maybe the first one your sister takes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back