• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

First Deer with Trade Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

playfarmers

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Well my new .54 Lyman Trade rifle is officially christened. At dusk today I put my wife in what I thought was a good spot to get a shot, and I was just waiting 200 yards away over-looking an open field and a bit of bush. This nice doe walked out at 40 yards. She fell to a .535 round ball pushed by 80g of 3f Goex. This is her and my set-up for skinning and gutting.
grin-vi.jpg

guttin-vi.jpg

I must add that I have been using Stumpys Moose Snot and the clean up is a snap.

Congratulations,

Nice doe. Now the rifle is a grizzled vet. :wink:

Looks like a right handy skinnin' set up too. :hatsoff:

Spot

Congratulations on breaking in you ML on it's first deer. Also way to go in taking your wife with you. Nice to see others bringing out the ladies to hunt. I need to get me a skinning set up like that.

Nice sized doe! That should eat good! It is already smoked!
I use a longer board with spikes for my gambrel so that one end hits the tree and helps steady the carcass while I am working!

What time is supper??... I like my deer steak medium well.... :wink:

You sure that wasn't someones pet. It got a yellow leash on her! :blah:

The hoist is easy made with some square tubing, and a boat winch. An "L" bracket mounts into the reciever hitch, and the square tubing slides through that to the ground. If you are interested in making one let me know, and I will get better pics and some measurments.

Hi playfarmers!

Congrats and Waidmanns Heil from Germany to that nice doe!

Regards

Kirrmeister

:thumbsup: :hatsoff: Trade Rifles Rule!!

Congrats on the harvest! Did the Wifey stay to help ya do the skin'n too?

Nice Photos! What did that big roundball wind up doing?

Dave

Congrats Larry:
Couldn't help to notice that ribbon on your car there. One of my co-workers is over in Afganistan right now, works with some of the Canadian boys on a regular basis. He says they are top notch a** kicking troops and wish he had more of 'em.
I see your skinning her out in shirt sleeves, a little warm up there eh? I was swatting mosquitos in the tree stand here - not use to that.

Latest posts

Back